Saturday, February 27, 2010

Monday Morning Rush

It seems a life time ago I worried about that morning morning rush to get dressed, ready and out the door for my Monday morning comute. I would spend countless hours getting to and from work and my whole day would be wrapped up in this one pursuit. Everything would evolve around the driving, preparing, and returning from my one and only goal work. Wow, have things changed since then, I no longer spend all my time getting ready and driving to work. Oh don't get me wrong I still spend a lot of time working but its no longer the commute.

It is a simpler lifestyle, time goes by with the seasons as this is my clock. I love being able to be home with my daughter and enjoying the time I spend with her. She is the last one in my house and is growing up so soon. I love being able to sit and drink my coffee without rushing to get dressed so I can be out the door to get on the freeway. I love being able to sit down and take some time out for a little prayer anytime I want too. I think most of all I just love being out of all the day in day out cycle of work drama. The highlight of my drama on the farm is when a new baby goat is born or when being a toddler their head gets stuck in the fence. It's pretty simple here but what a blessing. After being in both worlds I would not trade mine for anything. I no longer need to worry about matching bags, shoes ect not that I really ever did but the goats really don't care if I am in my pajama's to milk them. The only thing I worry about now is keeping warm in the winter and that can be a job in itself, especially since it started snowing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment