Saturday, February 27, 2010

02/21/2010
Sunday Morning and the snow has not stopped coming down and quite frankly I am beginning to wonder if we shall every see the ground. The branches on the trees are heavy with the white blanket covering them. They seem to be almost lying down as they bend to the weight of the snow. This week it started on Friday and has been coming down every since and looks like it will continue on until Monday. The house is cold today I am not burning wood because we have to cut more and have not had the time. The wood I have I am trying to keep for the evenings only, that way it will last a little bit and we don’t have to stress
Time off is almost over now as we work through the third week of February, yes snow is still on the ground but it’s marketing and seeding time. Funny, how it seems like I have not had any time off at all or at least not enough. I have been working on marketing all week long. Website is finally up and running yeah! www.dragonflyfamilyfarm.com. I have been working on it now for a few weeks and I am pretty happy so far. It was not to difficult so I am completely happy that it is almost finished.
It has been cold these past few days I think temps dropped down to single digit again. Its hard to think of planting when it is that cold but I don’t have a lot of time I really need to get on that. It’s so cold the chickens are laying so slow and I keep saying they better pick up or we are going to have chicken for dinner.
The last of my ladies are being bread now. Charlotte is visiting her boyfriend as we speak so she should kid in July as I have staggered most of my ladies to come in at different times. This will insure a lot longer milking cycle and a steady supply even in late winter when I have to milk in the cold. I am really going to try and get a milk barn done this year; I really need to focus on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment