Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cheese Making Room


It is spring and the time for new ideas, so I have been mulling over the idea of a separate cheese making room. I am still in the planning and contemplating mode but I have almost decided the expense would be worth it. Here in Southwest Colorado in my area there is not one for miles only in Durango. Cheese is a big item at the market and it has a fairly good profit ratio especially since I use my own goats milk. I have already filled out all of my information for the Raw Milk Association of Colorado and the state filed paper work for the Raw Milk statement. Which makes me good to go as a raw milk dairy using herd shares. To take the step further into cheese making I need a separate facility to process. It looks like I don't really need too much equipment to process on a small scale but I do need the facility. I had been thinking of converting the garage area to this type of room but wondering if that is the most cost effective way to go or if I should just build and plumb out a new structure. I need to make sure I go with the best but most cost effective idea in order for it to pass Paul's (husbands) inspection. If it does not he will veto the idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment