Monday, April 27, 2009

Wind Wind Wind

Well it's been ok for the temperature but the wind has been killing me. I am ahead of schedule as far as my planting goes so I am still doing great but this wind has been putting a damper on my planting. Last week I got onions, beets, carrots and spinach planted. This week I will work on more onions, spinach, carrots, beets, peas, greens, kohlrabi, broccoli and others. Today so far is looking great and it's nice and sunny.

The little chickens are growing like crazy and so are the geese. Little wing man who has lost his wing to the cat and also had an episode with a skunk is still hanging in there. We say he has nine lives and has used 7 so far. He seems a little skittish but that is definitely understandable. The Turkeys are growing bigger every day and they are mean as heck. Well not sure if mean is the word but don't put your hand or eyeballs anywhere close to them.

Today is bread day on the farm and so far I have Oatmeal, Poppy seed Bagels, Plain Bagels, Banana Muffins, Stone Hearth Breads and I am working on my Braided Wheat. I get up pretty early to get these done and start the bagels the night before. All to be delivered to the Farm Restaurant on Mondays. I have been getting quite a few customers for breads which is good but keeps me pretty busy.

Well back to the grind daylight is burning and there is much planting to be done.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment