Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great Weather


Finally we had some great weather yesterday and got to lay out some more drip lines and plant onion sets and carrots. Today our schedule is to get the upper layer of drips done and plant out some potato's. My goal is to have two harvest of potato's one early and one towards fall.


The Pok choy in the greenhouse I growing like crazy I am going to have to see if it will last for market. Not sure yet so we may be eating a lot of pok choy. The spinach should and is looking terrific. I have notices grasshoppers in the greenhouse so I am going to have to pick up some Nolo bait. (all organic) I also have to pick up the swamp cooler for the greenhouse that will make it easier to maintain a cooler temperature. It can get really hot in there last year it was around 130 some days. Not too conducive to growing much. Tomatoes and Peppers usually like it around 80-95.


I am almost ready for visitors I only have a few days left until May which is our scheduled open for daily guest. I am hoping they gave me a chance to get set up and ready. The will really experience a working farm otherwise.


Blessings

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment