Sunday, May 10, 2009

Market Days!

Well the markets have started and we are off and running. Market Day in Durango went great the weather was sunny and the temperature was absolutely wonderful. Getting there was a great accomplishment due to anything and everything went wrong the day before. The county had a water line break just as I was pulling vegetables to rinse. We had to wait all day for the repair to be done so that put me way behind with the vegetable pulling. When the line broke I had bread rising also and bread to make no hand washing no bread making. When the water finally did come on the kitchen aid broke. So then it was no kneading but by hand and there is no way I am kneading 30 loafs of bread by hand. :)

So off to the store in the middle of it all to buy a new kitchen aid. Now I had not planned for this purchase and it was more money than I wanted to spend but bread is a big part of the farm. So I did not not want to not spend the money. Finally bread maker in tow I get home only to see the bad goat with the pigs feed bin turned over and her head in it.

Now Pearl the baby is getting fat and what is it from? It's from her knocking over the bins or crawling through the smallest hole ever into the chicken coop to get at the grain. Pearl is very bad and basically has the run of the farm. She is just so darn cute!

The turkey's have now made there home in the goat's stall so they no longer want to go in the chicken coop at night. It's the goat's pen for them. So now in the one pen are Sage the momma goat, Pearl the baby, 2 little goslings, and 8 turkey's. Poor Sage I am sure she has no idea of what is going on.

The little piglets are as happy as ever in there knew little condo and veranda that Paul built for them. We have purchase the electric fencing so as soon as we get that in the condo will move. I really need for them to clear out some of that North side of the property. So off they go the little grubbers to cultivate, clear, eat, get fat and be happy.

It's Sunday morning and it's so quiet no one is up yet. I love mornings on the farm with the sun just coming up and the dew on the grass. It's a little chilly but I like that. There is no time like morning with it's crisp, fresh, and new day beginning. As I go to sit on the patio and have a cup a coffee, I give thanks for my week. I am thankful I can wake up every morning in this beautiful Southwest country. I am thankful for my family, friends, and neighbors. I am thankful that my lord has blessed me with this life.

Blessings

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment